Friday, June 17, 2011

California Girl

When I was a little girl growing up in Western New York, I would spend my days playing in the woods. Staring up into the canopy of trees and dreaming about fairies ~ and thinking I wanted to be a forest fairy when I grew up!
But when I got a little older, and began watching movies, I learned there were places where it was summer all year long. So I decided that when I grew up I wanted to move to California and live in the sunshine year-round!
So after college, I set my sights on the golden state, with visions of movie stars, palms trees and sandy beaches swirling in my head! And it wasn't long before I found myself in Hollywood ~ dreaming about writing a screenplay!
Well, I finally did write a screenplay ~ but for me California life is all about the endless summer. As soon as I arrived here I felt it was home and I will always consider myself a California girl!